Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cab Headliner Replacement
Hi Cruisers,
Last replaced this headliner in 97 & the windscreen done in 2004 (appreciate the disconnect & I won't explain) was  $140 with no screen rubber.
Today Windscreens O'Brien $650 & I had to take it there. No site visit! Not a nice journey with screen out. Not that they asked whether there was a screen in? Another business that didn't want the job!
Local glass guy  (Koala Glass) $595 but when I informed that I have the new glass rubber (from All Air Cooled $88) reduced to $495. Gave the go ahead  Wink . 
Happy with that but gee inflation hurts Tongue .

Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(Yesterday, 09:20 PM)DavidH Wrote: Hi Cruisers,
Last replaced this headliner in 97 & the windscreen done in 2004 (appreciate the disconnect & I won't explain) was  $140 with no screen rubber.
Today Windscreens O'Brien $650 & I had to take it there. No site visit! Not a nice journey with screen out. Not that they asked whether there was a screen in? Another business that didn't want the job!
Local glass guy  (Koala Glass) $595 but when I informed that I have the new glass rubber (from All Air Cooled $88) reduced to $495. Gave the go ahead  Wink . 
Happy with that but gee inflation hurts Tongue .

Cheers

Why no Shannons free windscreen per year with your policy?  Huh
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(Yesterday, 10:17 PM)Grantus Wrote: Why no Shannons free windscreen per year with your policy?  Huh

Didn't want to 'poke the bear' with the threads on here that could lead to a fraud allegation!
Under what terms is your free windscreen supplied?
When you push it out with your feet?
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(Yesterday, 10:21 PM)DavidH Wrote: Didn't want to 'poke the bear' with the threads on here that could lead to a fraud allegation!
Under what terms is your free windscreen supplied?
When you push it out with your feet?
Cheers

I had a rock impact, on a trip to Bathurst, (so thankful that it hit the screen, and not the paintwork!), that has resulted in a cracked windscreen. I will be claiming my first ever free windscreen with my Shannon’s policy.

I too, will be pushing that one out with my feet, to inspect the surrounding metal, before they install a new one.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab