Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cab Headliner Replacement
Hi Cruisers,
Last replaced this headliner in 97 & the windscreen done in 2004 (appreciate the disconnect & I won't explain) was  $140 with no screen rubber.
Today Windscreens O'Brien $650 & I had to take it there. No site visit! Not a nice journey with screen out. Not that they asked whether there was a screen in? Another business that didn't want the job!
Local glass guy  (Koala Glass) $595 but when I informed that I have the new glass rubber (from All Air Cooled $88) reduced to $495. Gave the go ahead  Wink . 
Happy with that but gee inflation hurts Tongue .

Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(17-06-2024, 09:20 PM)DavidH Wrote: Hi Cruisers,
Last replaced this headliner in 97 & the windscreen done in 2004 (appreciate the disconnect & I won't explain) was  $140 with no screen rubber.
Today Windscreens O'Brien $650 & I had to take it there. No site visit! Not a nice journey with screen out. Not that they asked whether there was a screen in? Another business that didn't want the job!
Local glass guy  (Koala Glass) $595 but when I informed that I have the new glass rubber (from All Air Cooled $88) reduced to $495. Gave the go ahead  Wink . 
Happy with that but gee inflation hurts Tongue .

Cheers

Why no Shannons free windscreen per year with your policy?  Huh
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(17-06-2024, 10:17 PM)Grantus Wrote: Why no Shannons free windscreen per year with your policy?  Huh

Didn't want to 'poke the bear' with the threads on here that could lead to a fraud allegation!
Under what terms is your free windscreen supplied?
When you push it out with your feet?
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(17-06-2024, 10:21 PM)DavidH Wrote: Didn't want to 'poke the bear' with the threads on here that could lead to a fraud allegation!
Under what terms is your free windscreen supplied?
When you push it out with your feet?
Cheers

I had a rock impact, on a trip to Bathurst, (so thankful that it hit the screen, and not the paintwork!), that has resulted in a cracked windscreen. I will be claiming my first ever free windscreen with my Shannon’s policy.

I too, will be pushing that one out with my feet, to inspect the surrounding metal, before they install a new one.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
I had a windscreen replaced after a nasty hit, then we went to Old Bar and copped a nice rock in front of me at Bathurst too!, but it didnt walk, and then another about 3 cm away from it and it too hasnt walked. They are one cent piece size (for those that remember them) so Ill hang on a bit longer.  I didnt have any issues with Shannons covering it and also getting some one back when it leaked a few weeks after.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
(Yesterday, 03:10 PM)Mordred Wrote: I had a windscreen replaced after a nasty hit, then we went to Old Bar and copped a nice rock in front of me at Bathurst too!, but it didnt walk, and then another about 3 cm away from it and it too hasnt walked. They are one cent piece size (for those that remember them) so Ill hang on a bit longer.  I didnt have any issues with Shannons covering it and also getting some one back when it leaked a few weeks after.

Adrian

My intention is to photograph mine, and even take it Shannon’s to agree to to the claim.

But what I want to do, is remove the screen myself, to then get them to supply and fit a new screen a little later.

I’d like to remove the dash, to tidy up some now redundant wiring from an old “in car phone kit”, replace the now noisy whirring heater fan, install a central locking kit, etc etc. All much easier to do with dash out.

The task of dash out, and back in again, is also way easier with no windscreen…….
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Grant
Might be easier to get a new windscreen rubber and claim the screen and get it put in. 
With new rubber it is easy to pop it out and put it back in after all the extra works are done.
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(8 hours ago)Barry Wrote: Grant
Might be easier to get a new windscreen rubber and claim the screen and get it put in. 
With new rubber it is easy to pop it out and put it back in after all the extra works are done.

True, but this rubber is only 4 years old, & only see sun whilst driving, so think there’s a good chance it will ease out, & worth reinstalling methinks.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab