Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
(20-03-2024, 07:20 PM)luckyphil Wrote: Is that a dildo in the foreground

Where's a moderator when you need one?
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Laughing along with the rest!
Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(20-03-2024, 08:29 PM)Melissa Wrote: You know David that one of the things you have left out will be needed .... its always the way Wink

I made some new curtains for Josie and Scott gave her a wash today ready to head off tomorrow.

Enjoy the trip guys, hopefully we catch up next year. Cool
Cheers Brian and Cathy
(20-03-2024, 12:10 PM)DavidH Wrote: Decided to clean out under the back seat. It's been a long time since I've done that. Just added stuff as we went thru life. Decided to not put all the wire, the hose, the air pump, the solar shower, the pulley block, the seat belts, the solder & soldering iron  back in but the rest stayed Wink . That red tool box has the most eclectic sets of tools in it. I've had it since 1975!

See how many items you can name?
Cheers

Junk junk junk Hot water bottle junk
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
Fitted a Android Auto/Apple Carplay/Reversing camera/Front and rear Dashcam unit in over the weekend.  Been wanting to upgrade the radio to do Bluetooth and this came up on special.  Has Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, FM transmitter or Audio out to the radio and 1080P from both cameras.  With position of the front cam the suction cup bracket gets in the way where I have mount it but on the dash with a little spacer to raise it a little you don.t get too much of the wipers in the pic. Switches to reversing camera when backing. and unlike many reversing camera kits, the camera cable is 8m so it easily goes front to back with slack.

Pretty impressed so far.

Adrian

A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
Tidy looking unit Adrian….
I have my gps positioned on the lower, far rhs of the windscreen so I don’t have to look through it when driving…..
Cheers,
Mark

Yeah, that wont happen as Tam often is using the GPS or changing music etc so it has to be in the middle (the front camera is in the back of the body so it can't go below the dash level).  I usually have Dice and my Revolks Arthur Medal hanging from the mirror so quite used to objects in that space and to be honest it doesn't block my vision at all there.

Adrian

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
(25-03-2024, 07:53 AM)Mordred Wrote: Fitted a Android Auto/Apple Carplay/Reversing camera/Front and rear Dashcam unit in over the weekend.  

Might have to think about that.
Last weekend some goose in a Merc 4WD was in front of me in a narrow 2-way street, parking both sides but only room for 1 car.
Typical inner city where you have to pull over to let cars through.

We both pull over to let another car through, and then all of a sudden goose starts reversing. Straight into me. BANG.
Reckon I had my hand on horn for a good 5 seconds - and it's a loud horn.
Then he drives off - finally pulling up a couple of blocks away.
I get out and let rip.
He's a big bloke and reckons it was my fault because he was recversing into a parking spot.
His farther gets out and tells me to calm down.
I look at the bay, and surprisingly there was no dammage.
Reckon his tow bar hit right on the rubber strip.
He apologises and they drive off.

Cant imagine how it would have ended if there was damage.
He would have just said "he drove into me"
I would have been stuffed I reckon
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Nasty……some people are just fwits.
Glad there was no damage Barry.
Cheers,
Mark

Had Tams car get hit in the Bunning carpark when a older guy in a Mercedes ran straight into the front of our Sorento. (Tam was manning the barby 50 meters away but witnessed it. Being Tassie we actually knew the bloke and we think he had misjudged it, but the nudge bar got pushed into the bumper and the bar, bumper and grille all need replacing. We filled out the online Shannon's form and its AI worked out she was at fault! Bit of chasing around and it is in the process of getting sorted.  

Bottom line is I am glad she saw it.  A few of the Dashcams can be set to record when parked and record when they sense a collision, but I don't think it is an option on this one but I did buy it more for the other features so happy to see how we go.  If I can see the benefit I might buy a full 4K system which are priced even higher that this all in one unit which is only 1080P, but even so is much better than a 720P unit I had years ago. 

Adrian

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee