Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 72 DC Jigsaw Puzzle
Just an introductory starter to my third kombi which is a 1972 double cab ute (8/72 compliance date).
I brought it in April 2012 from a guy in Adelaide of EBAY ( electronic burglar assistance yielding).
Yeah I know what you are all thinking. Whats life without adventurer . I did all the checks as best as possible. I got photo's of the resto . As the link below shows the work that was done before I got it.
http://web.archive.org/web/20130515...t.com.au/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1283219759
72 double cab project
« Pages 123456 »
kombi trip
884763[Image: lastpost.gif] May 23rd, 2011 at 12:04am
By:Lobus.

The next I had to arrange transport from Adelaide to Sydney. Most company's would touch it due to being a rolling shell with no steering or brakes .
I found a privateer from Just cars magazine. It mentions in is ad from paddock in pieces to your door. He was the man for such a job.
I arranged with the owner to get the heavy item's put back in the car.Engine,gearbox,gates seats dash. To make it easier for the car courier to pick the car up. The rest of the car was in boxes plenty of them.

My first sight of the car was on the 9/6/12. When I was putting the car into storage. I put it in storage due to our garage being widen and carport being built,

another car added to the yard would make life more difficult then what it already was. It stayed in storage for over three years before bring it home.

Drivers side . I ended up buying new gates from das resto parts (Klassic fab)
Steering going to be removed and a make shift used for easy moving around at painters etc

Looking in from drivers side
Correct 72 passenger door Ex army

Inside rear side door .Rule of thumb must be .If you buy 4 litres of fish oil you must use 4 litres of fish oil. It was every where More fish oil then paint I think!!
Few more photos before I completely dismantled car before being send away to bead blaster. A make shift steering and handbrake assembly where used for moving and so they still can put brakes on.

72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
Thanks for bringing this across Wayne…. Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light