Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
(08-07-2022, 09:35 PM)Alpal Wrote: Primer a few weeks ago

Colour done.
[attachment=449

Hey Alpal, thats looking great, is that one Birch Green, its always hard to tell from photos, daily i'm looking at my wife Katherine's Beetle which was Bahama Blue which also looks similar to Carols, it sits lonely in the shed with its unpainted shell sitting on the trolley sadly staring back at me every day while I try and complete tasks on our house build, takes forever when you do everything yourself, i'm desperate to get back into it, look forward to more updates, cheers Greg
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily
Generator light stayed on on the Notch yesterday when I moved it.
This arvo I planned to check the valves.
On popping the fan cover off I found a very buggered belt. 
The bloke who designed the Type 3 motor didn't want to make changing a belt easy!  Dodgy  Angry
Anyway. It's done now, and the tappets set again. Have to get a new belt to put back in the parts tub.
Finally got around to changing the clutch cylinder on the 84 Toyo 60 series. Been weeping on and off for yonks. Visit to Repco to get the replacement knowing that the vac boosted 85 is different. Back home and pulled the leaker out bugger! Different device. Mounting bracket and connector bracket to pedal incompatible. Today back to Repco and replacement ordered. Phone call this arvo and part is ready for pick-up. Back tomorrow with fingers crossed.
Finally got around to changing the clutch cylinder on the 84 Toyo 60 series. Been weeping on and off for yonks. Visit to Repco to get the replacement knowing that the vac boosted 85 is different. Back home and pulled the leaker out bugger! Different device. Mounting bracket and connector bracket to pedal incompatible. Today back to Repco and replacement ordered. Phone call this arvo and part is ready for pick-up. Back tomorrow with fingers crossed.
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
Blimey Alpal - did you have to do it twice!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Bwahahahahahaah !
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(16-08-2022, 08:08 PM)onetrackwonder Wrote: Hey Alpal, thats looking great, is that one Birch Green, its always hard to tell from photos, daily i'm looking at my wife Katherine's Beetle which was Bahama Blue which also looks similar to Carols, it sits lonely in the shed with its unpainted shell sitting on the trolley sadly staring back at me every day while I try and complete tasks on our house build, takes forever when you do everything yourself, i'm desperate to get back into it, look forward to more updates, cheers Greg

Apols for tardy reply. Missed your post somehow?
Colour is one Carol picked at the paint supply shop. Carols Beetle story is much the same as yours. Spent over ten years waiting after a strip down and paint removal. Finally decided to get a car club mate to do the prep and paint.
Stagnating AGAIN waiting to sort out the wiring. Might have to gat some help again.
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
(26-09-2022, 06:02 PM)Alpal Wrote: Finally got around to changing the clutch cylinder on the 84 Toyo 60 series. Been weeping on and off for yonks. Visit to Repco to get the replacement knowing that the vac boosted 85 is different. Back home and pulled the leaker out bugger! Different device. Mounting bracket and connector bracket to pedal incompatible. Today back to Repco and replacement ordered. Phone call this arvo and part is ready for pick-up. Back tomorrow with fingers crossed.

New cylinder tickety boo but when I tried to install the brake line the nut would not go into the cylinder. Checked with a vernier and the nut was mushroomed. Filed the offending lip off and all was well. Easy bleed and on the road again! Celebrated by washing the wheels.
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
Started the day by parking the Notch up with a few other local club members...
Bonnets up.... 253 V8, 186s 6, 302 V8, 3 litre turbo Nissan 6, 250 turbo 6, 304 Holden V8, Directors Chair!

Have had a few first start issues lately, so while I changed the oil I decided to check the carbs. Pulled the top off the right hand carb to find....

Tap it back into where it's supposed to be  and amazing it fires up easy again. Not the first time I've found this. Even peening it in hasn't worked permanently.  Need to look at a "glue" type solution.
Bought $1200 worth of new  tractor tyres a couple of weeks ago...
They got delivered out to one of the properties I maintain...

Seems they chucked in a tractor!
Volksfest this weekend. Warm drive down, so out to the beach. Slightly accide tal parking...

Is this called hanging with the cool kids!