Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling Vehicles Interstate
Be careful selling vehicles interstate because you cannot transfer the registered owner's details and Service NSW or Access Canberra will not help you.

I sold my Subaru on 19/1/24 and lodged a notice of disposal an Service NSW Mittagong on 22/1/24. Luckily I did this at a Service NSW and not by post or online as I have proof of lodgement.

The Subaru was caught by a speed camera 7/3/24 and I received an infringement notice 11/3/24. I called Access Canberra and they said that they couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't have to go to court and to submit a declaration online. There really isn't a suitable category for "not the owner of the vehicle". I also contacted Services NSW so that I can get some written confirmation that I am not the registered owner of the vehicle and they have made an error. They are also less than helpful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As Service NSW will not acknowledge that they have made an error I have sent this to Access Canberra and am waiting for a reply.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Trying to get this fixed as soon as possible, I have contacted my local MP;

Good Good afternoon Phillip ,

Judy has asked me to follow up this matter for you.

I have spoken with ServiceNSW who apologised for the error.

The suggested that I call Access Canberra which I have done.

They noted that you can go through their website and search the feedback and complaints page and work through that that section. You can attach proof of the disposal there. 

You can also call them on 132281.

Please get back to us if you have trouble sorting this out and we can arrange for you to come into the office for a meeting to work through the process.

Kind Regards,
Sandra Harlor.

Electorate Officer

The Office of Judy Hannan MP
Member for Wollondilly

Phone: 02 4683 2622
Email: office@judyhannan.com.au
Electorate Office: Shop 1/117 Remembrance Driveway, Tahmoor, NSW 2573
Parliament Office: 10.06 Parliament of New South Wales. 6 Macquarie Street. Sydney NSW 2000
Mailing address: PO Box 1005, Tahmoor, NSW 2573

I "I have spoken with ServiceNSW who apologised for the error."

As I now have confirmation that Service NSW has made an error I took this email with me to Service NSW Mittagong to get something in writing to say that there was a mistake and that I was not the registered owner. Girl at the desk typed for about 20 minutes and produced a document that said that I lodged a notice of disposal 22/1/24. "That will be $25". "No I will not be paying that as it is Service NSW mistake and not mine". She then went to see her manager to see if he would waive the fee. He wouldn't waive the fee and said it was not their problem. I was told first that the information would have been from "NSW Office of Revenue" (Which I doubt is correct). Then I was told that it was the fault of Access Canberra when they accessed the information. (Which I also doubt is correct as it would be unlikely that data could be easily accessed between states) I expected the next excuse to be that it was caused by climate change or rising sea levels.

It looks like I will be contacting my local MP next week.
What a pain…………. And an absolute waste of your time and energy, to prove you have done the right thing!  Angry
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(15-03-2024, 01:27 PM)Grantus Wrote: What a pain…………. And an absolute waste of your time and energy, to prove you have done the right thing!  Angry

Don't you just love dealing with public servants?
(15-03-2024, 01:51 PM)syncro Wrote: Don't you just love dealing with public servants?

The incompetent ones, ill trained for the position they hold, are very time consuming and quite frustrating…..
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(15-03-2024, 06:51 PM)Grantus Wrote: The incompetent ones, ill trained for the position they hold, are very time consuming and quite frustrating…..

And QLD are no different, we sold my father inlaws Magna a few years ago and got the same treatment, Service NSW and QLD do not interact either and it took a long time and a lot of frustration to rectify someone else's laziness. Why is there not a national register?
Yet the interaction between states seems to work perfectly if an interstate vehicle is booked in another state, to quickly hand over the registration details for a fine to be issued in the mail.  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Extremely frustrating and annoying! I hope it is easily sorted soon Phil.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".