Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice to meet y’all
G’day fellow Kombi lovers!

After ~8 years of Kombi withdrawal it appears to finally be time to get another Kombi. After getting to be the lucky 4th owner of the uncommon 1985 Country Homes conversion T3 Vanagon in the States from ~2012 - 2019 (sky blue, 4 speed manual with full solar system and engine fully rebuilt by Guinness Book of World Records title holding mechanic from Wagga Wagga, Washington; see attached photo) it turned out that selling was the most logical choice given the final hurdle encountered when working through the importation process. The new owner was stoked and refurbished the interior with all custom-made cabinetry, so at least it went to a good home. The tide has finally turned and now in a position to consider getting another Kombi here to replace.

Ideally looking for one with something unique/special about it. Has anyone seen the factory orange colored Kombi here in AUS? These were quite common in the States and always caught my eye (as an avid lover of all things orange) so this would be a bonus; however, the option of getting on sprayed to be whatever color is surely an option. 

Is there a good website to look at for vintage Kombi vans for sale in AUS? Happy to venture outside of QLD for the right one.

Thanks heaps for any feedback and feel free to message me if keen to strike up a conversations Smile

cheers,
-richard
FNQ

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome to Kombi Club. There are a lot of very helpful and knowledgeable members to answer any questions you may have.
1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
Welcome to KCA Richard. May your search be fruitful.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Thanks to you both for your kind welcomes! 

Is there someone particularly knowledgeable about 1991 T3 petrol vans that might be able to provide some guidance regarding the feasibility of installing air conditioning into one that didn’t come with it? I’ve seen other 1991 vans that did come with it so perhaps there are available parts to install the same system in a model that didn’t come with A/C? Or best to get a T3 that came with A/C from factory even if that requires repair? I ask as we recently had to replace the entire A/C in my partners car (2009 TDI Golf) and it cost ~$3.5k, so perhaps repairing a broken system in a T3 that came with A/C wouldn’t be much different in cost that installing A/C in a T3 that didn’t come with it from factory?

Thanks heaps for any insights.

cheers,
-richard
Hey Richard, welcome to KCA  Big Grin
Post any of your T3 questions in the T3 dedicated Section…..I’m sure our learned T3 owner’s will provide input.
Enjoy the ride
Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Thanks Mark.

Do you mean it would be best to start a new thread in the Kombi Club section or is there a dedicated T3 forum? If the latter, can you please provide a link to its location?

Cheers.
If you go back to the Home Page and scroll down to the Help and Assistance blue banner, you’ll see, below that,, dedicated Sections to the different models of Kombis.
There is a separate Section for T3 related q’s and advice…….lots of good info. worth scrolling through.
I’d provide a link, however it won’t allow you to see the depth of our Forum…..
Getting used to our platform takes a little time but it is time we’ll spent when you become familiar with the layout. See how you go and if you are really struggling, let me know and I’ll post a link.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Welcome to Kombi Club Australia Richard.  Smile

Always great to see another T3 fan joining the clan. 

Enjoy the hunt, but as has been proven many times, every Kombi eventually finds its owner, so then you too, can enjoy the ride…….  Cool
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Welcome Richard.

This post is in the right spot.

Any technical questions are for the dedicated T3 section.

Good luck with your search  Big Grin
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Thanks for the additional warm welcomes!

Like that philosophy and agree that the right Kombi will find me more than the other way around. Looking forward to “enjoying the ride” in my second (and ideally last) Kombi.