Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling Vehicles Interstate
Are the new owners waiting till the NSW rego expires, before they get ACT rego and plates on their purchased vehicle?

If so, how do they get insurance, (assuming they have some), on a vehicle not yet transferred to their name?
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Probably the only time an online NOD could’ve been more expedient…….?
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(16-03-2024, 07:16 AM)Oldman Wrote: Probably the only time an online NOD could’ve been more expedient…….?
Then I would not have had any proof. It was entered into the system while I was there (22/1/24)

There is no dispute whether it was entered or not and Services NSW have apologised for the error. They just refuse to fix it.
(16-03-2024, 08:00 AM)syncro Wrote: Then I would not have had any proof. It was entered into the system while I was there (22/1/24)

There is no dispute whether it was entered or not.

I always screenshot any online transaction that I feel may need referencing at a later date.....may not necessarily be admissible as evidence but at least it is time stamped/dated for reference and contains all the pertinent details....
ahhhh, I thought the paperwork may have just been rubber stamped and put on the pile for data entry at the end of the day......
The wheels grind quickly to take money, but oh so slowly to refund or give it back......
Good luck, hope it doesn't involve a Court appearance.....and if so, you are duly compensated for your time and inconvenience.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
The new owners should have transferred the rego into their name, acquired new ACT plates, and handed in the NSW plates within 14 days from purchase and acquisition…….  Confused

Had they done so, this issue would not be your problem Phill!

https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/dr...20231KB%5D.

Although the wording only states “within 14 days”, if you buy a vehicle with ACT rego, and “as soon as possible”, if the purchased vehicle has interstate plates! WTF? Confused
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(16-03-2024, 05:01 PM)Grantus Wrote: The new owners should have transferred the rego into their name, acquired new ACT plates, and handed in the NSW plates within 14 days from purchase and acquisition…….  Confused

Had they done so, this issue would not be your problem Phill!

https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/dr...20231KB%5D.

Although the wording only states “within 14 days”, if you buy a vehicle with ACT rego, and “as soon as possible”, if the purchased vehicle has interstate plates! WTF? Confused

It is not my responsibility for what the buyer does. I will not sell a vehicle interstate that is registered again. NSW should not have given out my details as I had no responsibility once I had completed the notice of disposal. Dealing with halfwit public servants annoys me. Especially when they just make things up that are not true. They have signs up in the office not to abuse staff and security guards. If they fixed the problems, got rid of the young girls that have no idea and provide some sort of customer service they would not be needed.
(16-03-2024, 05:30 PM)syncro Wrote: It is not my responsibility for what the buyer does. I will not sell a vehicle interstate that is registered again. NSW should not have given out my details as I had no responsibility once I had completed the notice of disposal. Dealing with halfwit public servants annoys me. Especially when they just make things up that are not true. They have signs up in the office not to abuse staff and security guards. If they fixed the problems, got rid of the young girls that have no idea and provide some sort of customer service they would not be needed.
I’m not saying it is your responsibility. But with your dated proof of disposal, and to who, the department/s, both NSW and ACT should be taking up the issue with the new owners, and asking them why they haven’t handed in the NSW plates, and not have ACT plates and registered the vehicle into their name within a reasonable time……
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(16-03-2024, 09:06 PM)Grantus Wrote: NSW and ACT should be taking up the issue with the new owners, and asking them why they haven’t handed in the NSW plates, and not have ACT plates and registered the vehicle into their name within a reasonable time……

Probably out of the jurisdiction of NSW as he is in the ACT and licenced in the ACT.

ACT would not have known that he purchased the vehicle.

It's about time that we abolished the states. Especially for laws and regulations.
(17-03-2024, 10:14 AM)syncro Wrote: It's about time that we abolished the states. Especially for laws and regulations.

how are you going to do that?
(17-03-2024, 05:23 PM)rstucke Wrote: how are you going to do that?

we are not unlike the un-united States of America